SHARED SOLITUDE IN THE CENTRE OF THE CITY
The Sydney Writers’ Room exists to provide an affordable writer-dedicated workspace in the heart of Sydney. Our memberships are offered on a permanent or hot desk basis, and start from only $150 per month (other shared creative spaces in the city can cost that much per week). Our members include novelists, journalists, screenwriters, essayists, historians, poets and librettists.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Seriousness of intent
- Understanding of writing as a craft and a discipline
- Commitment to writing for publication (on any platform)
- Quality of proposed project/s
Please include the following in your application:
- Your desired membership type (permanent or hot desk)
- A 500 word statement that describes the project/s you intend to develop in the Sydney Writers’ Room. Please ensure you address the above selection criteria.
- A CV including writing achievements to date.
- Two references (if available).
Please upload your application via our Submittable portal or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org – submissions are reviewed regularly throughout the month.
Hot-Desk Membership: Round-the-clock access to one of our 'hot desks' and Wi-Fi. $150 per month.
Permanent Membership: Round-the-clock access to your own permanent desk and Wi-Fi. $220 per month.
Members pay a one-off joining fee to assist with administrative and capital costs. Joining fees are currently $250 (includes a $100 refundable key/swipe-card bond for hot-desk members).
For more information: Visit us on the web at www.writersroom.org.au. Or email email@example.com to get in touch with our friendly President, James Tierney. Keep in touch by liking our Facebook page and following us on Twitter @SydWritersRoom